Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cuppercake Secrets

The other day David and I watched a few episodes of The Cake Boss that were recently put on Netflix's "Instant Cue"(BTW I highly recommend a Netflix membership...so worth it).  David turned to me and asked if I could make cupcakes.

So since I had time on my hands I went ahead and made the most delicious cupcakes you will ever eat!  I am not kidding... these cupcakes are delicious!  My mom made these cupcakes for the my wedding and since then I have realized how much everyone wanted the recipe.  So here it is...nice and simple!


Go to the store and buy a cake mix.  I like Duncan Hines "Moist Deluxe".  You also need to buy an instant pudding cheesecake flavor mix (one box/cake mix box).  Then you go home make the cake mix exactly as directed except toss in the pudding mix as well.  Mix it all up and voila you have the perfect cupcake mix.  Bake as the box directs :)

I guess technically you could make a cake with this recipe but I haven't tried it.  All I know is it makes the PERFECT cupcakes.  But with every perfect cupcake you need good icing.  I hate sugary grainy tasting frosting so I found a delicious whipped cream-like frosting on this blog I follow called Best Bites.  Here is the recipe http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/09/perfect-cupcake-frosting-and-filling.html

You are going to look at it and think YIKES that looks difficult!  But I promise you, it is not and I am not a cook by any means!  The frosting was actually really delicious and went really nicely with the cup cakes. 

I wish I had a picture of the end result for you but I don't.  But here is a picture of the cupcakes at the wedding.  Gotta love cupcakes!

2 comments:

  1. Loved this! I made them this morning, and besides my timer not going off so that I over-cooked my cupcakes, it was divine! The frosting was really easy to make as well. Loved it! Thanks for passing this on! :)

    ReplyDelete