The other day David and I watched a few episodes of The Cake Boss that were recently put on Netflix's "Instant Cue"(BTW I highly recommend a Netflix membership...so worth it). David turned to me and asked if I could make cupcakes.
So since I had time on my hands I went ahead and made the most delicious cupcakes you will ever eat! I am not kidding... these cupcakes are delicious! My mom made these cupcakes for the my wedding and since then I have realized how much everyone wanted the recipe. So here it is...nice and simple!
Go to the store and buy a cake mix. I like Duncan Hines "Moist Deluxe". You also need to buy an instant pudding cheesecake flavor mix (one box/cake mix box). Then you go home make the cake mix exactly as directed except toss in the pudding mix as well. Mix it all up and voila you have the perfect cupcake mix. Bake as the box directs :)
I guess technically you could make a cake with this recipe but I haven't tried it. All I know is it makes the PERFECT cupcakes. But with every perfect cupcake you need good icing. I hate sugary grainy tasting frosting so I found a delicious whipped cream-like frosting on this blog I follow called Best Bites. Here is the recipe http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/09/perfect-cupcake-frosting-and-filling.html
You are going to look at it and think YIKES that looks difficult! But I promise you, it is not and I am not a cook by any means! The frosting was actually really delicious and went really nicely with the cup cakes.
I wish I had a picture of the end result for you but I don't. But here is a picture of the cupcakes at the wedding. Gotta love cupcakes!
Thursday, May 6, 2010
I can't believe David and I have been married for 6 months. It seems like it has only been a week. It has been a blissful 6 months and I look forward to the rest. So for the 6 months we have been married...
6 Reasons I LOVE David: (there are plenty more by the way ;) )
- He makes me laugh!...... It doesn't matter what mood I am in or where we are, David always makes me manage to laugh harder then anyone else.
- He makes me a better person......the longer I am married, the more I realize that David truly is my other half. He completes me in every way.
- I never have to worry about where he is or what he is doing.....David is so faithful and so honest. He has given me the greatest gift. I will never have to wonder where he is, what he is doing, or who he is with. What a blessing!
- He never forgets to tell me how much he loves me, how beautiful he thinks I am, and how much he appreciates what I do for him. It makes the stressful and downer days so much easier.
- He is incredibly supportive!.......David is always behind me 100% in everything I do. He is constantly encouraging me to chase after my dreams. Without him, I wouldn't be accomplishing all that I am aiming for. Thanks babe for following me all the way to Texas too!
- He always listens.......If I ever say anything or ask for anything he listens and remembers! I never have to bug him to get off the x-box or to help me with the dishes. I ask, he does it. I tell him something, he hears me. I love his willingness. I love his understanding.
I love him like crazy and I am the luckiest girl in the whole wide world!
It has been 6 months and sooo.... HERE ARE SOME WEDDING PICTURES! For a TON more go to....
Thanks to Katie Joy Photography (first 5 pictures) & Savvy Photos (last 3 pictures).