Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sooner or Later...

Can I just say, I love designing things. 

It had been far too long since I had done some designing so I decided to make a new blog layout and header. (p.s. yes, that picture is a wedding picture, YAY!  More to come soon!)

One day I am going to design something like invitations and cards or blogs or who knows, something! :)

Project #1:  Currently I am on a hunt for a chair that I can refurnish.  Unfortunately I have this VERY specific image in my head of what I am looking for & this making things more difficult.   It's all about the "bones" of the chair.  Something like this....

My plan is to paint the wood, of whatever chair I get, black & possibly with a distressed look.  Then recover the fabric (with the wonderful help of my momma) a beautiful black and white damask, like the one on my blog background.  I have recently become obsessed with damask!

I hope to use the chair for future photo-shoots and, as an added bonus, to actually have something decorative in my house!  If anyone sees a cheap chair like this, I would love the heads up!

Project #2:  Decorate the apartment.  I have all these picture frames and signs that I really need to put up.  I also need to figure out something to do with these BEAUTIFUL green couches I have (my eyes are rolling).  If you have come over and see them, you will understand me when I say they NEED to be covered :)  David doesn't really care but he is male, so it's not all that surprising.

One day I will post pictures of our apartment.  I am not brave enough to show the world (or okay my small group of readers) what it looks like.  Plus it needs a really good spring cleaning first!

Hope you are all enjoying the beautiful weather, I know I am!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha you've seen our green striped couch! it's hideous but we covered it and it's great :)

    You're great with designing- you're blog is adorable.

    Project #3: Help Caley with Noah's room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes please! I would LOVE to help decorate Noah's room! It would make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete