Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's really happening...

we are going to have this baby.

It has all become so real.  This baby is fast approaching and I have a lot left to do!  Here is my crazy list:

-- Get car washed & oil changed
-- paint nursery
-- pack hospital bag
-- decorate nursery
-- organize baby clothes
-- organize nursery
-- put away baby items
-- clean house
-- organize master bedroom
-- put shelves in front room closet
-- organize & clean up garage
-- return baby items
-- purchase baby items
-- take & edit pregnancy photos
-- get a pedicure
-- make burp cloths
-- make onesies
-- buy formula & diapers
-- wash baby clothes & gear

And I am sure the list will get longer.

It all started with last night....  David and I attended our first birthing classes, came home, and went to bed.  Just as we were starting to sleep I felt itContractions.  I decided to ignore them because well, I wasn't ready to face it.  David finally forced me to face reality [ 5 contractions later ].  We went to the hospital and sure enough I was 2 centimeters dilated and having contractions every 3 minutes.  Thanks so some modern medicine, the contractions were over, and by 3 am we were back home going to bed.

In the end, the experience made me realize that this little girl is on her way and she isn't going to follow my time line.   I need to hurry and get things done...first I have to get the okay to move from the couch!

2 comments:

  1. M!!! WOW, so exciting!!!! What DOES A CONTRACTION FEEL LIKE?????? I'm glad everything is alright. You'll get everything that's necessary done. And WOW WOW WOW, so exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what Mom's are for! HeHe. Keep that baby in there a little bit longer so she comes out nice and chunky. Did the Dr. give you something to to stop the contractions or just to help with the pain?

    McKenzie

    ReplyDelete