Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oh to be pregnant.

Like a lot of things in life, being pregnant is much more beautiful and amazing on other people.  I think I idealized how it would be.  As if being pregnant would give me this ethereal feeling all the time.
{Like life would be a sweet sigh and a glass of lemonade}

While I can't say that every moment has been enjoyable,  I really can't complain.  [Apparently I do pregnancy pretty nicely.]  I've puked once (thank heavens), had your average bought of morning sickness, gotten some headaches, and gained some weight.  I definitely have those oh so lovely mood swings and more than my fair share of bathroom trips. But all in all, {and bare with me here...I'm trying to be more positive} I'm lucky.

 Don't get me wrong, pregnancy is definitely not all fun and games.  I don't want to make it seem like I have this perfect life going on here.  I haven't had a lot of physical symptoms but mentally and emotionally pregnancy has been a struggle.  I fear and anticipate the arrival of this wonderful little girl.  I feel guilty at times for my doubt and fear.

Life is funny that way.  You never really know if you made the best decision.  Life has so many pathways and sometimes I feel like I'm just winging it!  But I've recently discovered a secret that makes me feel so much better.

No one else knows what they are doing either.

This idea makes me smile and so does the dance party going on in my abdomen :)  

per request...my 6 month belly.

[Why do pictures always look better in black & white?]

4 comments:

  1. YOU LOOK PERFECT!! AHH!! my heart is smiling for you :) Even though I hated my pregnancy and had no shame in complaining about it ALL the time, I will admit that I do miss that "dance party" in my belly. I can't believe how low that little lady is. Noah was like in my chest punching me in the heart. And you are absolutely right:
    No one has any idea what they're doing.
    Once you have that sweet little girl in your arms it will come to you.
    I remember the first night having Noah home and putting him in his bassinet and crying myself to sleep because I was terrified. I was so in love with my new little baby and I didn't know what to do with him! Trust me, it's built into us.
    I love you and your stinking cute bellyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh you are so cute. so so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. McKenzie! Congratulations! It looks like life is treating you well, I'm so happy for you. :]

    ReplyDelete