Wednesday, September 8, 2010

We MOVED!

...ok well kind of.

Since we decided NOT to move to Texas, David and I had to quickly pull everything together.  It was too late to renew our lease with out apartment complex and they had already rented out our unit and all the others in the complex. **That's what you get for being spontaneous!** My in-laws were very gracious and offered us to live with them while we figured things out and my Aunt & Uncle let us borrow their storage unit for free in the mean time (we have the best family ever)!

So, at the end of July we packed up everything to move out.  OH MY GOSH we have a lot of stuff!  You would think that for an 850 sq ft apartment and 2 people who have been married only 9 months we wouldn't have much.  GEEZ!  We have a loaded kitchen and that is really what took up the most boxes.  My mom was an angel and spent the ENTIRE moving day packing the kitchen while David and I did the rest of the house.  After all 8 billion boxes were packed up, David and Maggie took a nap amongst all the boxes.  I managed to snap this picture.  They were exhausted!



My family, David's brother, my cousin Kayla and her husband, and David and I all loaded up our U-haul, which ended up being too small for all of our junk. I wish I would have taken a picture of the truck but alas I was too busy!  The storage unit was out in Apache Junction so we had a 30 mintue trek out and back.  We made 2 trips that day!  David and I didn't get to his parent's until around 12am.  We were so tired!

The next day David and I got up EARLY and went over to our apartment.  We packed up all the things that needed to go to his parents house and began cleaning.  My mom and cousin Kayla (who was 6 months pregnant at the time) helped us.  We couldn't have done it without them.  It started POURING when David and I crammed all of our junk into our 2 cars and headed over to his parents house. 

Then we went BACK to the apartment to make one last trip to the storage unit.  Then it was BACK to the apartment AGAIN to clean ALL of the carpets and do one last run through.  We got to David's parent's house LATE and crashed.

The next day we.... PACKED! But for a vacation and left with my parents to California.  It was a great way to get away after all that hard work. **more to come later on 2nd Cali trip of the year**

We are now living in one bedroom of David's parents' house.  It has been nice not to cook or buy groceries, or pay rent, or utilities, or internet bills.  Our bank account is thanking us!  We hope to be on to the next place very shortly.  I can't wait!

1 comment: