Thursday, February 18, 2010

I always wanted someone who would make me laugh...

My husband makes me laugh.

In my childhood my grandmother and my mom would sing me this song,
"  I love you a bushel and a peck
   A bushel and a peck
   And a hug around the neck
   A hug around the neck.

  I love you a barrel and a heap
  A barrel and a heap
  And a kiss upon the cheek
  A kiss upon the cheek.  "

I found myself singing this to David a few times.  He always looked at me weird and laughed.  We went to his parent's house one night and my mother in-law started singing the same song to my nephew!  Ever since then David has been singing the song, except he has trouble with the lyrics.

He usually sings the song,
"I love you a barrel and peck".... or "And a kiss around the neck".  I can't help but laugh at him.

However, this isn't the only song David seems to have trouble with.  I will hear him singing in the shower and it will go something like this...

"IT'S LIKE RAIN ON MY WEDDING DAY!".... pause...."IT'S LIKE RAIN ON MY WEDDING DAY!".... over and over and I just can't stop LAUGHING!

He also likes to put our dogs name, Mags, into every song he can think of, she loves this.
He also makes up his own lyrics which are incredibly clever and quick witted but I won't repeat them here because most of them involve poking fun at someone or has bathroom words in it (boys will be boys).

My recent favorite,

David:  "Shorty like a MEMORY in my head...la la la la la."
McKenzie:  "Honey, its MELODY... Shorty like a MELODY in my head, that I can't get out, got my singin' like..."
David: "Oh that makes more sense"

Oh how I love when he me makes me laugh :)  I just LOVE him!

1 comment:

  1. lol. i commend him for trying to make up real words. jason just babbles.

    ReplyDelete